TYPES OF OPEN GYMS
Regular Open Gyms—Children ages 0-9 must be supervised at all times by an adult responsible for enforcing gym safety rules. Children ages 10+ may use the gym unaccompanied by an adult, but parents must sign and agree to our terms of supervision prior to participation. (See links to our online waivers, below.)
Family Open Gyms--All children, regardless of age, must be supervised IN THE GYM by an adult who is responsible for enforcing gym safety rules.
10+ Open Gyms--Children and teenagers 10 and over may be dropped off; however, parents must sign and agree to our terms of supervision prior to participation.
10 & Under Open Gyms—Only children ages 0-10 will be admitted, with a supervising adult, in the gym at all times.
Note: Team athletes may be exempt from age and supervision requirements with coach permission.
You don't need to be registered in classes to drop by one of our many scheduled open gym sessions. See you soon!
While all kids are invited to participate during open gyms, parents must remain off the equipment at all time. Parents are expected to closely supervise their children and enforce gym rules. Kids engaging in dangerous behavior or ignoring gym rules will be warned first, then asked to leave for the safety of all.
PAY TO PLAY
Dynamite asks that anyone (from 1 - 99) who wishes to use the equipment pays for entry to open gym. Supervising adults are NOT expected to pay; however, our insurance PROHIBITS anyone over the age of 23 from using ANY equipment in our gym unless currently a member (currently enrolled in classes or holder of an annual membership for $50 per year).
50 minute (scheduled)--$8 per child (under 18); $12 per adult ages 18-23
90 minute (scheduled)--$12 per child (under 18); $17 per adult ages 18-23
Open gym passes give you the best bang for your buck and can be used by anyone (under 23) including friends, neighbors or cousins visiting for the weekend. We keep track of your visits, so no need to bring anything but the kids. We make the process simple--tell the front desk your name, the number of participants, and get ready for loads of fun!
Twelve (12) 50-minute open gym sessions: $75
Twelve (12) 90-minute open gym sessions: $120
FIRST TIME? COME ON IN!
Pay at front desk.
Sign release on iPad.
Get hand stamped by staff member (required for all paying participants--adults and children).
Place shoes and socks in available cubbies and enter the gym barefooted or in approved cheer shoes.
For those with bare feet, wipe feet with baby wipes located in lobby.
Read rules located in lobby.
Have a blast!!
NOTE: Our insurance PROHIBITS anyone over the age of 23 from using ANY equipment in our gym unless currently a member.
SAFETY. SAFETY. SAFETY
1) Pay to play. Anyone using the equipment will be charged (including parents).
2) Bare feet or approved cheer shoes (never been worn outside) permitted in the gym (supervising parents may wear socks).
3) Bare feet must be wiped before entering the gym.
4) Do not move ANY equipment, mats or blocks without permission of D2 staff.
5) Please do not throw or kick anything or anyone.
6) No running, chasing or horseplay.
7) Big (uneven parallel bars) are closed.
8) Participants under the age of 10 MUST be supervised in the gym by an adult at all times. During Family Open Gym sessions, ALL participants under 18 must be supervised by an adult.
9) Anyone under 18 must have signed parental permission to participate.
10) No food, drinks (except sealable bottles of water) or gum in the gym at any time. Water bottles must be stored on the cubbies only and are not permitted on the floor or on mats or equipment.
11) If dropping off a participant (must be 10 or older), parents MUST return ON TIME. Late parents will be fined $1/minute for children picked up after the scheduled conclusion of open gym.
12) Staff are available to inform participants of gym rules; parents are responsible for supervising and enforcing gym rules.
13) Participants over the age of 23 must be a current member (enrolled in class or have an annual membership at any Dynamite gym) and pay the open gym fee to go on ANY equipment.
1) One at a time on ALL trampolines (including Tumble Track).
2) Jump in the middle of the trampolines.
3) Tumble Track is ONE WAY (from the wall to the mat).
4) Do NOT sit or stand on trampoline pads.
5) After using the preschool trampoline, freeze and WALK off.
6) Do not go under ANY trampolines.
7) If others are waiting, limit turns to 30 seconds.
1) Participants under the age of 7 require adult assistance on the high beams.
2) Properly climb on a high beam (ask staff if unsure).
3) Always jump off beam onto a mat.
4) Do not attempt to jump from beam to beam.
INFLATABLE RULES (when applicable)
1) Children ONLY.
2) One child at a time on the slide.
3) Climb through the maze carefully; no running
4) Only five children at a time permitted on the inflatable.
1) Be cautious of small children when tumbling.
2) If permission is granted to move blocks, move them back when no longer in use.
3) Spotting is only permitted by qualified D2 instructors.
GUESTS WHO FAIL TO FOLLOW GYM RULES ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL WITH NO REFUND.
OPEN GYM FAQ
IS OPEN GYM HELD ALL DAY?
No, we have scheduled sessions (see our CALENDAR).
CAN I SHOW UP LATE OR LEAVE EARLY AND PAY A PRO-RATED FEE FOR THE TIME I PARTICIPATE?
Nope. Like a movie, you pay for the entire time regardless of when you arrive or depart.
CAN ALL MY CHILDREN AND GUESTS USE THE SAME PASS?
YES! When you purchase a pass (12 visits), the passholder can authorize anyone under the age of 23 to use them.
IS THERE AN OPEN GYM FOR OLDER KIDS?
We offer four different types of open gyms. The Family Open Gym is open to children of all ages; however, EVERY child must be supervised by an adult. The 10+ Open Gym session is for kids 10 and over. During the 10+ Open Gym, parents may leave their children; however, they MUST sign the supervisory agreement first.
DO I GET A SPECIAL GROUP RATE IF I BRING A GAGGLE OF CHILDREN?
Not during scheduled open gyms; however, Dynamite is happy to work with schools, scout troops, and other groups (including organized parents) to schedule special open gym sessions during non-busy gym times for discounted rates. The more kids or sessions (some schools come weekly), the better the rate!